Better doesn’t happen by chance. It happens because every aspect of our business is properly considered and done with purpose and care. Whether that’s the design of your new kitchen or the design of the bespoke service we offer you. It’s what makes Magnet Better. By design.
In 1918, Tom Duxbury started a joinery business in Bingley. He believed in a considered approach, which meant he could offer better products and services to his customers. This simple premise still drives Magnet today. We’ve come a long way from our humble Yorkshire roots, growing to be both leaders and pioneers in the industry as we paved the way for all kitchen retailers in the UK. And while never forgetting where we came from, we will always be looking ahead as we strive to create, innovate and inspire better living through purposeful design.
Sustainability is more important today than it’s ever been. We have one planet. One chance to get this right. This is why it’s at the heart of everything Magnet does. We know it’s what you expect of any brand and, more importantly, it’s simply the right thing to do. As such, we’ve committed to two pledges. Both with the specific aim of combating climate change. The first is to reduce CO2 emissions from manufacturing and transport by 72% by 2026. The second, is to collaborate with our suppliers in order to reduce their carbon footprint too.
• 1918: Tom Duxbury founded Magnet in Bingley, West Yorkshire.
• 1970s: Our first full kitchens are introduced. Magnet becomes Britain’s biggest manufacturer of kitchen joinery products.
• 1985: We enter the retail kitchens market and open our first public showroom.
• 2000: Magnet becomes the first national kitchen retailer to be awarded the government-endorsed TrustMark accreditation.
• 2001: We become part of Nobia, Europe’s largest kitchen group. And launch the Simply range of Ready to Assemble kitchens.
• Present: Our Magnet rebrand. Focusing on inspiring better living through purposeful design.